's challenge of the month is "BEST." My plan is to post what is the best about each day. The best about today, January 1, 2010, is having a fun evening with my family. We had the kids do some housework during the day, but once the laundry on my bed was folded and put away, it was party time. We had snacks and the Wii set up. Playing "Just Dance" was fun and helped off-set the carbs I was eating. I admit I didn't test my glucose level, but I'm sure it was better than it could have been.
Of course New Year's is also about resolutions. My goals for this year are things that are measurable and reachable. Vague resolutions like "lose weight" and "spend more time with the family" are almost certain to fail. Being more specific helps to keep me on track.
My goals for 2010 are:
- lose 20 lbs
- lower my A1c to under 6.0
- check my glucose levels at least twice per day
- take the children to the Y for non-class time at least once per week
- eat out only one lunch and one dinner per week
- follow my plan through Financial Peace University
I'll let you know how it goes! It's now 12:30 am and time to head to bed. Happy New Year, everyone! May 2010 bring you many blessings. Good night!
Post a Comment